Friday, March 28, 2014

TGC Mobile | Article | 9 Things You Should Know About Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church

The nearness of God is my good,” says the psalmist.

Though the wicked prosper, though evil carries on, though the circumstances of God’s people are bleak, everything makes sense in God’s presence (Psalm 73:17). There the embittered soul is revived. The beastly attitude is tamed. “Nevertheless,” the psalm goes, “I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me into glory” (Psalm 73:23–24).

From start to finish, God is with his people. It’s what makes us distinct (Exodus 33:14–16). Where we go, he goes. Always. The nearness of God is our good (Psalm 73:28).

But then there is Psalm 74.   MORE:

TGC Mobile | Article | 9 Things You Should Know About Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment